Your personal data is important to us and it is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. This Policy outlines how we manage the personal data we hold in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) in Singapore (the “PDPA”) and to the extent applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and applies to all divisions and organisations in Bayview International Hotels and Resorts. We also comply with local data protection and privacy laws in our operations out of Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Singapore.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to:
- job applicants and employees;
- service providers; and
- other people who we may come into contact.
Examples of such personal data include biodata, contact details, account information and your preferences, queries, requests and feedback.
How do we collect your personal data?
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorised representatives in the course of:
- you signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- you visiting our websites, hotels, etc;
- you making a reservation or staying in properties which we own and operate;
- you dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- you applying for a job with us;
- you participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- you using our products or services;
- you contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- our conducting or completing of transactions;
- our conducting market research or surveys;
- our conducting interviews.
What kind of purposes do we collect your personal data for?
In general, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- conducting and completing transactions (e.g. processing orders and payments; providing products or services that have been requested);
- managing your reservation in any of our hotels or dining in our food and beverage outlets or staying in properties that we own and operate;
- providing customer service (e.g. responding to queries and requests; informing you about service status and product updates; sending you alerts and newsletters);
- conducting market research and improving customer service (e.g. conducting market research or surveys; performing market analysis; managing and enhancing our products and services; developing new products);
- conducting marketing promotions (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties; offering promotions and loyalty programs);
- complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. providing assistance to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits);
- maintaining investor relations (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, publications, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties);
- performing evaluations (e.g. assessing suitability of employees).
How do we use and/or disclose your personal data?
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes without your consent.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
- other divisions or organizations within Bayview International Hotels and Resorts;
- our service providers and specialist advisers/institutions who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
- other insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorized by law;
- credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators; or
- anyone authorized by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
Where personal data is disclosed or transferred to organizations outside of Bayview International Hotels and Resorts who handle or obtain personal data as service providers to Bayview International Hotels and Resorts, we require such organizations to acknowledge the confidentiality of such personal data, undertake to respect any individual's right to privacy and comply with the PDPA (and where applicable, the GDPR) and this Policy and use such personal data only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this data.
In addition, where personal data is transferred overseas, and we may need to process or deal with your personal data outside Singapore, we will ensure that such transfer is in compliance with the PDPA and this Policy or is permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
How do we manage, protect and store your personal data?
We regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and we have implemented measures to secure and protect your information, such as training our employees who handle your personal data to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and your privacy, storing personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, taking steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal data from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data arising from such risks.
The PDPA also requires us not to store personal data longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal data when we no longer require such personal data for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
How do we keep personal data accurate and up-to-date and how to exercise your right to correct the personal data we hold of you?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that such personal data changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to update any personal data it holds about you. Our contact details are set out below and we may require you to verify your identity before updating the changes provided.
How to exercise your right to access the personal data we hold of you?
To make a request to access the personal data we hold about you, please write in to us. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what data you require. Depending on the circumstance, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the data sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
How to exercise your right to withdraw your consent?
The consent that you provide will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. To make a request to withdraw your consent previously given, please contact us in writing here. You may also unsubscribe directly from any electronic communications you receive from us.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and to be determined on a case by case basis) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same.
What if you have a complaint?
If you consider that any action of Bayview International Hotels and Resorts breaches the PDPA (or where applicable, the GDPR) or this Policy, you can lodge a formal complaint with us here.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable the website to “recognise” you on your return, remember your preferences, and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by the website which you have chosen to visit, such as this website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, cookies on our website. Cookies allow us to provide a customized experience. This is a common practice on most commercial websites.
By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies in your device. These cookies include domain information that is used to maintain aggregate website data and aids us to learn about the online behaviour of our guests, including how often they visit our website and their click-through behaviour on our website. This information is used to improve our website’s content and navigation for our guests and to personalize our guests’ online experience.
We use session cookies to help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use the website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page. We use persistent cookies to collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
Refusing Cookies on this site
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you have the ability to disable cookies if you wish, generally through changing your internet software browsing settings. It may also be possible to configure your browser settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer enabling you to decide whether to accept or reject the cookie.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. This Policy was last updated on 25th May 2018. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact us.
Bayview International Hotels and Resorts
25th May 2018